Sunday, April 9, 2017

Take some steps to improve Creativity

Stanford studies show that when walking, one's creative output is increased by an average of 60 percent.

It seems that physical activity is not only beneficial for the body, but for the mind as well. In the study, the act of walking, not the environment, was the main factor in people's boost in creativity levels. This study was conducted in 2014, but there does not seem to be extensive research since then about why the physical act of walking is linked to physiological alterations to the cognitive control of imagination.

Nonetheless, this was an intriguing discovery I recently read about, that could be very beneficial in many people's lives. I, myself, sometimes lack fresh ideas for artwork, essays, or solutions to hardships I face. I look forward to testing this out the next time I need to get my creative juices flowing. I'll keep an eye out for any new studies related to the link between walking and creativity! For now, I hope this post influences you to also take a stroll when you need inventive ideas.

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment